Gomez, Alcano, Valle launch campaign at Ramadan 9-Ball Challenge

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Filipino cue artists Roberto Gomez, Ronnie Alcano and Gandy Valle opens their campaign Tuesday for the Ramadan 9-Ball Invitational Championship in Fujairah, United Arab Emirates.

A report on AzBilliards.com said Gomez is hoping to ride on his momentum following his successful stint at the Davao leg of the First Senate President Manny Villar Cup.

“I hope to continue the momentum I’ve got from my Villar Cup victory,” said the 29-year-old Gomez, who rose to prominence with his runner-up finish in the 2007 World Pool Championship.

Like Gomez, Valle is also looking to sustain his good performance this year, which started after ruling the Villar Cup Cebu Leg in June.

“I want this 2008 to become a bounce back year for me, and I hope I could win more tournaments before it ends,” said Valle, who was the runner-up to Gomez in the Villar Cup Davao Leg.

Alcano, on the other hand, will break into the tournament looking to end a long title drought.

The former double world champion has not won a title since reigning in the 2007 World 8-Ball Championship held in Fujairah.

“It was there in Fujairah where I last won a title. So I hope it will also be there where I will start winning again,” said Alcano.

0 comments: